Thread: Oshkosh
View Single Post
Unread 07-19-02, 10:03 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Arriving after the airshow

Hi folks,

Anybody arrived at OSH *after* the airshow in the last few years? Weather and mechanism permitting, we will be arriving after the airshow on Wednesday. I need to figure out a place to stop someplace northwest of the field, as I *hope* we will be early, and I need to figure out what time to aim to arrive at OSH. It looks like the field is open until 8PM, so that brackets how late it can be, but the Notam is confusing about when the airshow ends. It says the airshow TFR is until 6:30 CDT, and another part of the Notam says that arrivals are not allowed until one hour after the airshow ends, but that would be 7:30, and that doesn't make sense. The airshow starts at 3:30, I assume it will be done by 6PM, so would you aim for 7:00?

Please don't tell me to get there in the morning, we are leaving Portland, Oregon at 5AM to get there by 6 or 7PM as it is. My passenger can't leave the prior day, and getting up at 3AM for a 5AM departure is hard enough. We could spend the night someplace (and may have to if weather or wind is uncooperative, or if fatigue sets in), but that means less time on the ground at AvMecca.

Advice is solicited.

Sign me,

Confused