View Single Post
Unread 09-03-10, 08:13 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
2200 later and still not working

First, Herb - wish i had seen your post a couple of days back - I would have easily bought one from owen, or paid to rent yours. I was leery the entire time of them using the hand pump,

In any case, they t-shot (17 hrs of charged labor) and said it was a leaking door actuator, two leaking hoses, and a leak around the hand pump. OK, fix em all I said, but please remember that I have to fly out on Sunday Oct 5 for my yearly trip to NM - small window to go, so need plane ready (said this to them a week and half ago when i made original post).

OK, parts came in yesterday, they 'notified' me the plane was ready by sending the invoice via email around 4 yesterday. I went out to test fly it today at noon. same problem - landed and mechanic said I needed to cycle the gear a few more times, might be an air bublle, so up in the air I go again. cycle a bunch of times, same issue. land, line guy pushes it back into maint hangar, sole mechanic sits in a nother airplane 'buttoning it up' for the next hour and half - despite my pleas to make sure my plane is fixed. Fianlly comes over about 4:20 and looks, then goes in offices to look at schematics, then comes out again. i keep metnioning the switches, per above posts - as I had previous week when I saw the posts. He cleaned off the main up switches, and slightly adjusted the nose up switch and cleaned it off, and told me to go fly it again to see. I did, and then he closed the doors and left while I was in the air 9needless to say the problem still exists). Charlotte Monroe Air Center, Neil is the mechanic and owner Mike Dickery aslo aware of situation, in case you all think they should be rewarded for this stellar customer service attitude.

at this point, the problem still exists, and my daughter is waiting in Atlanta for me to pick her up and fly out to NM for my whopping 5-day vacation. Told the main facility would be closed Monday for Labor Day.

So, they have my check for $200, which is mostly labor, and my problem still exists, and no way to get it fixed and make my trip that I can see.

Good news, tried topping it off again after the 30 or so cycles during 3 test flights, and it is still full - so the leaks are fixed

he did say they cycled it with the hand pump on the jacks and it worked fine in both directions.

At least if it is failing, it is in the up cycle, not down - thatt's the bright spot.

-Robert
________
Iolite vaporizer

Last edited by rmorris : 03-12-11 at 12:07 PM.