View Single Post
Unread 08-26-10, 10:49 AM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
landing gear transition on takeoff

I have my plane being looked at right now for a landing gear issue, but so far they haven't figure out anything. I thought I would post the symptoms, and get extra input on possible items or see if others have had and solved a similar issue.

On landing, the gear transitions down fine, locks into place, and the handle kicks back to the neutral position.

On take-off, the gear appears to transition up, but the handle never kicks back down to neutral. I put it back into neutral on my own, after waiting about 30 seconds or so for it - so that the pump didn't keep pressurzing the system and maybe causing me not to have enough fluid for it to tranition down when it came time to land. Tower calls and says that it looks like th gear doors didn't fully close. I try putting it up again, and then wait 30 seconds to a minute and put it back into neutral on my own (because it does not kick down). Same comments from tower. I put it in the down position, and it tranistions down and locks into place with no issue, handle kicks back to neutral. I put it up again, and this time the handle kicks back to neutral on its own, tower says it all looks good on flyby, and I'm on my way.

This has happened a couple of times recently. Topping off the hydraulic fluid doesn't reflect anything unusual in terms of amount.

Mechanic has it up on jacks now, and using hand pump to pressurize (they don't have mule). Says it transitions properly in both directions.

I am going to replace all the hydraulic hoses, just because they are really old.

Any suggestions, thoughts, or comments?

-robert
rmorris@agsi.us
________
BUY GLASS BONG

Last edited by rmorris : 03-12-11 at 12:07 PM.