View Single Post
Unread 11-30-22, 03:37 PM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Skymaster View Post
I have an EI MVP50-P on the front engine that was reading some impossibly high number on the Manifold Pressure (1400Hg instead of about 21Hg). EI said to check the Manifold Pressure sensor and connections to see if it was malfunctioning, which I thought would be on the intake manifold after the air filter. I could not find the sensor location. Can someone tell me where the MP sensor would be on an IO-360? Is it in some unexpected place?

I've been trying to learn more about where some items are on my aircraft, so I don't have to rely on getting it into the shop anytime an issue comes up.

Thanks,

Karl
Hi Karl, I also have EI’s MVP-50Ps. My Manifold Pressure Transducers are model PT-60ABSs and mine are located in the avionics bay just aft of the forward firewall, mounted on the right sidewall. This location is where my IA thought it was best to place them at installation, yours could be anywhere in the avionics bay, I would guess. Mine are gold colored boxes about 3”x3”x2” with a clear vinyl tube coming out of the top of them. EI probably has a picture on their website of what you are looking for.

Rick