View Single Post
Unread 08-01-22, 08:53 PM

GAdams is on a distinguished road
55x

I am installing a 55X in my 1969 D model without the electric trim. My airplane doesn't have electric trim now and I think I can move the trim wheel when the annunciation says I must. I have dual Aspen's with the autopilot interface so allegedly I will get Altitude pre-select. I am removing the 300 autopilot. One of the criteria for installing the 55X was certain brackets must be in the aircraft to support the new servos. As it turns out the Cessna 300/400 series autopilots used the bracket that's required. You can call Cessna and they will confirm you have the proper bracket in your airplane which was factory installed. For those of you with STOL airplanes S-Tec has an issue with how to mount the servos. It can be done and has been done with more than a few using the S-Tec 65. I don't know about the 55X and STOL wings modification. It might be a Robertson STOL thing. I don't know for sure. Bottom line is there will be no digital autopilot with an STC from most any manufacturer for the 337. If you are going Rogue look at the paperwork for the Century autopilots. They are STC'd for every Skymaster model but the 337D. You do see them on eBay once in awhile and those good old boys will overhaul them and give you an STC for a reasonable price. I didn't go that way simple because the STC didn't apply to the D model and they wouldn't add it. "To much work fussing with the FAA".