View Single Post
Unread 06-13-03, 08:33 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Dave,

I think that is a good idea, and I will put together a section for it.

I want to make everyone aware of why you might not get as much activity in such a section as you would think. Many owners are reluctant to post their 337s (the form, not the airplane) on an international forum such as this one. There are two reasons:

1.) It makes the mod visible to every FAA inspector and manager in the world (if they visit our site). If there is something wrong with the paperwork, you could end up with a problem you did not have before.

2.) Mechanics treasure their relationships with the local inspectors. If you post a 337 signed off by inspector X, and inspector X gets his butt chewed by his boss for signing it off, then the NEXT approval your mechanic undertakes will be that much harder to get done...

I would like to hear other's opinions on this, perhaps the mechanics that I have worked with are overly sensitive on this subject, and I have a skewed view of it..

But in any case, I will put it on my list to make a section for these field approvals. Until this, if everyone will please post the approvals they want to offer as a reply to this thread, it will make it easy for me to find them.

Thanks,

Kevin
webmaster@337skymaster.com