View Single Post
Unread 01-21-20, 01:17 PM

Alex ALBATROS is on a distinguished road
1/ @patrolpilot

I am a french owner in France, more exactly in Nîmes-Courbessac airfield ( LFME ). Our 337G is in France for about 20 years, I will check the Journey Log to get more infos about her history.

I will come and fly professionally ( on 737 for Air Transat ) in Hamilton ( CANADA ) next March . Because of the proximity with the USA border, I will try to visit the north- east of the USA, but Texas sounds quite far away.
———————————————

2/ @YankeeClipper

I guess you talk about this picture ( http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...2&d=1579248422 ) .

My technical knowledge on the 337 is almost limited to this website... so I can’t say much about it. Last December we got some issues with the rear starter and after some hours trying to figure out how to get an access to the rear started assembly, my mechanic found this hidden door.

I have no idea if this door is present on all 337 series. My is an early «*G*».

3/ @SKYMSTR02

No , it was quite easy for the Fouga to catch up.
It is an underpowered jet, especially this model «*Fouga Zephyr CM175».
The 175 is a Navy derivative of the Fouga Magister CM170.
The 175 is heavier , stronger wing roots, gears, bigger flaps, hook , sliding canopy ( 160kt with front canopy opened ) . Bigger , but still with the first version of Marboré engines... but anyway capable of 250kt on leveled flight.