View Single Post
Unread 01-08-16, 02:30 PM

JamesC is on a distinguished road
Back from Bonaire (TNCB) via Skymaster.
It was a bit of a mind game with no NEXRAD and no satellite images (lose Sirius XM somewhere north of the DR) and limited Coms at times.
re GA in Bonaire I would not recommend it. One thing is that you have to go to Curacao for AvGas if you want to top off before the trip north. Takes longer than you think.
More importantly is that as of Jan 1st the Bonaire Airport authority has decided to recoup it's airport lighting expenses by charging all corporately registered aircraft incl. GA acft (private use not withstanding) $2.28 per HOUR of tie down itime. So if you visit for ONE NIGHT the cost incl taxes/fees is approx $155. The gentleman I talked to implied may be extended to all GA acft.
If staying for a few weeks it might be cheaper to fly to Curacao and take a commercial shuttle.
The P337H performed without a hitch which was great.
Amazing how often people come up on the ramp and say how much they love
Skymasters.
Staying at the Stella Maris resort (by MYLS) was nice - recommend the shark dive with Robert, or any dive with Delbert.
Staying at Cape Santa Marie looks awesome - I couldn't stay there because of the pooch but the beach there is really beautiful.