Thread: crashed
View Single Post
Unread 02-24-10, 07:43 AM

jack374dn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
So far this appears to be the classic example of why you never want to be in an airplane where the last thing heard by the pilot was "watch this".

He had apparently accelerated through 171 knots in his dive by the time he was down at 600' from his 1400' starting point going in the opposite direction. It would seem logical that if this dive run continued he would have been well over red line by the time he tried to pull up, and no one will ever know how quickly he (whoever was flying) tried to pull up. I could picture a 2000'+ fpm dive followed by an emergency yank back on the yoke once whoever was flying (or whoever took over) realized he may strike the runway. If that quick pull was done outside of the operating parameters of the aircraft "G" envelope, than this could be pure pilot error.

And/or, does anybody know if the wing tip tank STC requires drilling through the internal wing structure, and if so, where does that drilling take place in relation to this break?

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...uote=1&p=15274

According to the NTSB the wing seperated at Sta. 177 .. Out of interest, I am going to establish Sta. 177 on 74DN this morning ... I have install data on ?? tip tank installation unless it has been disgarded ... Will let all know my findings ...

74DN super skyrocket ... From first hand experience with the acceleration potential of my airplane @ less that 1000 fpm dive @ 2300 / 32" M.P... Roger's comment is my opinion is right on ... RED LINE + ...