View Single Post
Unread 09-11-21, 03:51 PM

Timcote1960 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the comments. Yes, I too trained in planes with bad gauges. And since my first preflight, on EVERY flight I look inside and dip the tanks. I KNEW these tanks were full at lift off; problem was there was a sudden dropoff along a flight. How does one know there is not a fuel leak unless one does what I did---land then refill? Having now done that with reassuring results, I have some comfort to fly whatever the gauges say. But otherwise, my hour's remaining flight in this new-to-me plane would have been pure hell imagining blue fuel streaming out behind me.....

My AP says there are 2 different sender systems on different models of the 337; the capacitive and the resistance type. He says mine are capacitive. Then there's "the box" that processes the sender's signals for output to the gauge. He's betting it's the box, which he claims has failed often before in his experience.

I'm not looking for perfection. But hopefully I will soon have gauges that do not throw my wife into the belief that her life is about to suddenly end.

To be continued.

Tim
Norm Asp 337G N122WB