View Single Post
Unread 12-26-17, 09:28 AM

JeffAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
There are SO many factors to look at when deciding upon an aircraft that we can’t even scratch the surface of them here. The later P210 model is a beautiful example of a pressurized FIKI single but I like the engine out rate of climb better in the Skymaster. The 414A is a phenomenal twin but you will need a boatload of multi time to get affordable insurance.
Any pressurized airplane will be expensive to insure, including the P337. I wasn't recommending the P210 for this OP, just saying what I did since someone asked. If I was in his situation, I would try really hard to find a way to make turbine equipment work. My guess is the one engine out climb rate in most piston twins with accumulated ice would be near zero, and possibly negative. I am just trying to add some factors for the OP consider based on my experience. The P337 would not be a good choice for his proposed mission based on that experience. I went down the P337 road, didn't work for me in the part of the world I live in. He is saying his environment is similar. Others may and can choose differently.