View Single Post
Unread 12-16-21, 08:28 AM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
wslade2:

The refurbed panels come back with new wire leads that are about 6-8 inches long, which is what the OEM panels had. They are a direct replacement, they connect to the Inverta-Pak and come back with certification. I assume that since the shop is a Certified Repair Station, that they are limited in what they can do to modify the OEM design? I agree though that it sure would be nice to get rid of the Inverta-Pak.

My panels were not "backlit" per se'. Somehow the light source is in the panel. I recall being told about the LED color temperature difference, so I assumed they are tiny "bulbs"? Perhaps they are just LED filaments? I sure would like to see one stripped to see how they work. They must be segmented somehow, as my Flap Panel had a strip down the middle that no longer illuminated.

It would be interesting to know exactly how the light in the panels is created and imbedded, and if they modified the original design. I know the company Uma, makes LED light rings that illuminate the face of steam gauges in the panel, and they still use inverters to power them.

If you ever get any of your queries answered, please let us know...

Rick