View Single Post
Unread 12-16-21, 12:17 AM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
wslade2:

The Nimbus turnaround time was about 3-4 weeks. I installed the refurbed panels upon their arrival back to me. I am just late getting back to close the loop at the end of the project.

From what I could see there was no way for "me" to replace the bulbs myself. I'm pleased with the job Nimbus did. The really do look like they are brand new.

As for the bulbs, I don't think it's a matter of "can upgrade to LED", I think it's a matter of "must upgrade to LED", as in no other option but LED, from what I understood from both Nimbus as well as Air Capital Dial. I didn't see a way to access the bulbs myself. I'm thinking they are visible once the finish is removed from the panels. They repainted the surface and the lettering on the panels. I'll try to get a picture of the finished product and post it here sometime.

I suppose, if you're very crafty with stripping paint, repairing tiny electrical circuits, screen printing and repainting, it could be a DIY job. It was certainly beyond my ability though.

Rick