View Single Post
Unread 08-09-02, 03:32 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
"Blow your hoses"

Hello Bob,

You ought to consider writing commercials for radio! That was such a great line: "Blow your hoses!"

Will give the Avblend some consideration, although we did use some Rislone and that seemed to do a VERY good job of cleaning out the engine and it felt smoother. Used a quart of it in place of one quart of AeroShell at oil change.

BTW, Bob, we never do run-ups until temp is at least 75F and never takeoff until warmed above 100F... just like the TCM manual recommends, so it's not a "cool oil" thing that's contributing to the problem on the takeoff.

The weird part of this anomally is that once airborne and in cruise, pushing up the front engine throttle results in normal turbo spools and good MP. I recall one time landing and after a brief shut down, restarted and tookoff and didn't get any turbo boost on the front until way into the climb. And of course all of this started occurring after we started flying the plane regularly.

Today we replaced the oil cap gasket on the front engine and it seems much tighter now, and installed a new O-ring on the dip stick... will probably fly tomorrow and we'll see what gives. Oil level is about 5.6 or 5.7, so will bring it just up to 6.0 -- had thought about Kevin's 5.5 quarts, but I can't bring myself to fly with less than 6.0 per the POH.

Say Don... I presume you flew direct from Indiana to Mexico... what part of Mexico? And what was your FL, enroute time and ground speeds?

SkyKing