View Single Post
Unread 12-31-20, 01:39 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Ditto. Mine came without engine monitor.

I’m in the process of installing engine monitor. Reason: had some cylinder work, mag work and Fuel system work done. On run up engine very shaky. We kept going over and over everything we did and couldn’t find a fault....until I leaned over and burned one hand while the other rested comfortably on neighboring cylinder. Problem was cold cylinder. Long story short. There was the smallest amount of grit plugging injector. Definitely work on your cold spark plug problem. I could have saved a couple weeks if I had installed engine monitor from getgo.

Also, 1 inch of movement seems like a lot. Look carefully to see if you engine is sagging. Motor mounts (rubber cushions) may be shot. I know cause just had that problem too.

Couple years back, had similar problem with my new to me 182 at take off. Wasn’t terrible but could feel it. It was everything together: bad mounts, 1 weak mag, high resistance plug, one cylinder had induction leak (caught those last three via engine monitor) and topped it off with dynamic balance. Wah-la! Problem solved.