Thread: Rear seat LSTC
View Single Post
Unread 11-07-02, 12:46 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
If you have a '65 337, you need no approval or STC. You just need to get the seat and rails and have your mechanic reinstall them. I owned a '65 337, it came with six seats and rails, it was certified that way when it left the factory. (Is it rails for the rear seats, or just cushion on velcro? I can't remember, am getting it confused with my '73, which had no rails for the fifth seat cushion, just velcro attachment of cushions to rear firewall and floor.)

Don't forget that you will need to reinstall the seatbelt attach points, and the belt, as well.

Salvage yard would be your only choice for the seats. Don Neiser (see the Parts Sources section of this message board) may be able to help you. And perhaps someone else on the board may have suggestions. If you are still stuck, ask again, I can look harder through my notes for sources. I used to have a fifth seat for a '73, I called a couple of salvage yards that advertised in trade a plane to determine the value before I sold mine. They both had that type of seat in stock, I bet the seat and rails you are looking for are even more available.

Kevin