View Single Post
Unread 04-18-24, 10:17 AM

ljmolina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
Exceptionally nice. It's gratifying that some have the willingness and ability to keep these old birds flying in first class condition. She's a credit to the fleet.

One minor quibble. Was the avionics bay access plate actually painted over? And if so, how the heck are you going to cut the perimeter and dzus heads without chipping that nice new finish?

As they say about classic cars, "don't crush 'em, restore 'em".
Those avionics access panels were removed and painted separately. But yeah, the screws were painted over (painters oversight). I dont think its a big deal right now and my painter said I can always come back for retouches on anything.

This is my childhood favorite plane since I was 8yo. Now that I have her (Serenity) I feel that it is my mission to restore her back to a state when she rolled off the line as possible. Those of us who has one are lucky to own one, they are truely great flying machines.

With that said, Im on the hunt now to get the interior up to date...mainly the headliner and fuse panel replaced ..so If any of you have suggestions or where to go, Im all ears.

Last edited by ljmolina : 04-18-24 at 10:26 AM.