View Single Post
Unread 06-29-03, 07:05 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
re fuel

Kevin

Agreed. Last winter I had a coupling start to leak on the starboard tank when the OAT was -25. I only caught it because of the stain along the trailing edge of the wing. LOST about 5-6 gallons that did not show up on the Shadin. I caught it on the refeuling discrepency between the pump and the shadin total. I do monitor fuel on both tanks individually.

Another time the gascolator seal was leaking and didn't catch the loss on it until I saw it on the hanger floor. Loss... ??

There was a fatal accident in 99 or early 2k in Tennessee attributed to fuel theft.

When travelling in the Bahamas I carry tape (bright red) with me and put it across the oil door, fuel door and check for tampering.

My guages appear to be accurate when fuel is below 20 gal / side. Suggest you track the guages with the fuel depletion. You still need to cross check using fuel flow, time and consumption to feel comfortable. I consider my tanks empty at 8 gal / side.

You are right.. there are ways of losing fuel without realizing it. There is little question to quantity after filling the tanks!

The "P" is so much earier since there are no aux tanks.

just some comments...........

Bob