View Single Post
Unread 06-28-03, 06:46 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
re tanks filled with air.

Allen

Did you confirm the amount of fuel remaining in either the mains or the auxs ?

I think this is critical for evaluative purposes.

Secondly, do you remember how soon the second engine failed ?

Did you play with the fuel selectors immediately after failure of the first engine?

Did you try switching tanks and running the boost pump after the first engine failed?

Your discrepency in fuel qty is about TEN percent. Does this include the non useable portion? I am not sure about your particular model but there should be a placard indicating minimum for takeoff and the POH should have this figure. I do not recall you taking this into account.

If 767 pilots can run out of fuel then it certainly easier for us GA people to do it. It only takes ONCE. I am glad to see you are skilled at zero thrust landings. As Kevin says aeroplanes can be fixed. It is a bummer to be without you bird.....

I feel there are more fuel outages in 337s than most other aircraft! I think it really important to actually determine balance of fuel in the aircraft after the forced landing if you have not done so.

IMHO The guages on the 337 are rather useless. I tend to rely on the Shadin fuel flow and would recommend this instrument is mandatory on all aircraft.

Bob