View Single Post
Unread 04-04-23, 05:15 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Why wrap and not paint? Just curious.

Wraps here in Texas have come down significantly since they were first introduced. It seems every other sports car has some sort of wrap on it these days. I was quoted $3500 about 5 years ago to wrap my BMW 760li, but now I see prices closer to $2000 being offered.

It used to be only a few places did wraps, but now you can order a pizza and get a wrap done at the same time. Well, not really, but the wrap shops have popped up everywhere around here.

I looked into getting my 40' diesel pusher motorhome wrapped and they quoted about $7500. That's a ton more real estate to wrap than an airplane.

Most wrap shops hear "airplane" and I bet their prices automatically double. I would call around to some larger cities near you and talk with the owners. My guess you will find one shop that seems to stand out above the rest.

Part of your problem is there is no "off-the shelf" wrap template for a 337, the way there is for most cars. So a designer has to put in extra work to get the wrap printed correctly so it will be oriented right once applied.

I'm told that the Red Bull 337's are wrapped. You might reach out to them and explain your situation. They may be able to help you.

Wrapping is more of an art than a science.

Last edited by mshac : 04-04-23 at 05:20 PM.