Thread: Oil in Belly
View Single Post
Unread 03-12-20, 03:52 PM

JAG is on a distinguished road
Mystery Fluid

Based on the picture - it sure looks like engine oil...if not pin hole in pressure line, then it is breathing out of front engine or leaking like Dr. Dave's issue.

Is it sticky? I have seen old contaminated 5606 (Hydraulic fluid) take on a yellow color before...very rare but it can happen. OR - Did someone put a different fluid in your brakes?

I have personally just purged my brake system after resealing my brakes and installing new flex lines. I have one of those brake bleeding pressure pots from ATS, and I took a polyFlo fitting and screwed it (pipe thread) into vent hole on the top of the master cylinder. Off the polyflo fitting I attached a length of polyflo tubing into a container, and just pushed fluid up from the brake bleeder through the system with the ATS pressure pot. This flushes the whole brake line from the bleeder to the master cylinder. Once the fluid ran clean and fresh, close it all up and your system is clean, filled and bled all in one shot.

The area you have the fluid is coincidentally where the swivel fitting is for the brake lines.

Let us know...

Jeff