Thread: Oil in Belly
View Single Post
Unread 03-09-20, 11:41 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
metal oil pressure lines from aft, low likelihood of getting pinhole (pretty secure little movement to create a hole but could be possible). It's been a couple months since I looked at mine but see if there are any unions along the route of rear oil pressure line through the tunnel. A union might be better potential site of ooze.

Also, check where metal oil lines join flexible lines behind panel. Hose or union could ooze, travel along line until finds low point and drips into belly. (all this provided you still use mechanical gauges in panel)

Likewise look behind rear firewall under engine where the metal line joins the flexible feed line. An ooze at a union here could travel down follow the turn in to the tunnel, and drip off of a low point. (My thinking more likely than above.)

I discovered an ooze at flexible-metal line union behind panel just like that a couple months ago. Didn't pool but was making metal line wet/sticky with oil and everything else close to it too.

Those flexible lines behind panel out of sight out of mind-can get old, deteriorate, crack or worse. Might be good time to inspect them or replace if old/unknown age.

Last edited by wslade2 : 03-09-20 at 11:52 PM.