View Single Post
Unread 02-25-04, 07:01 PM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
After having spent several enjoyable days socializing with other Skymaster owner/operators in Nashville last year I was very much looking forward to attending a similar meeting again this year.

After having spent the last ten weeks enduring winter's snow and cold with no relief in sight for at least another four weeks I was very much looking forward to attending Sun 'n Fun again this year.

Given the proximity of the scheduled dates, it appears I'm going to have to make a difficult choice. An old song refrain comes to mind "did you every have to finally decide, to pick up on one and let the other one ride" or something like that. For now I believe I will have to sit back and see how the Oklahoma program developes and how many pilots/airplanes plan to attend before commiting to one or the other. Hopefully more program details can be posted soon. I also need to consider the wishes of my life's co-pilot. Any information on entertainment or activities available to non-pilot spouses, in the vicinity of the meeting site, would be appreciated.

Best wishes to all and thanks to all the folks making the effort to organize a 2004 meeting, whether I make it or not.

Steve G.

P.S. - KPWA is in the heart of Tornado Alley and April 22-24 is at the height of the season. Just wondering if any storm contingency plans are being considered. I don't think I can afford to find out what happens to .030" sheet aluminum when hit by an atmospheric vortex dropping out of a super-cell thunderstorm! However remote the possibility, the thought of assembling some 5% of the remaining fleet in the same place at the same time only to have the entire row consumed by an F5 is enough to make one shudder.

Last edited by SteveG : 02-26-04 at 07:11 AM.