View Single Post
Unread 03-05-05, 12:03 AM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
I would be interested in seeing the study you are talking about. Where do you get it?

On the subject of engine monitors, I tend to agree with you. Or at least, I agree that fuel savings are not enough for me to justify the cost of one (might be if I was flying around in a twin beech!).

The kind of data you are talking about is what I am interested in. Intuitively, it is obvious that having an engine monitor "could" save you a lot of money (or your butt), but it seems like it's pretty hard to put a pencil to because of the "all at once" factor. How often does "all at once" happen on average. Once every 100 hours, or once every 10,000 hours (I think the average for accidents resulting from in-flight engine failures is once every 30,000 hours, but don't quote me because that's just my vague recollection).

You say that you figure your monitor pays for itself every couple of years in maintenance savings, and that you have actually put a pencil to this. I would be interested in hearing more about that.