View Single Post
Unread 03-24-09, 04:46 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Update on signal conditioner. At the end of last week my IA and myself checked every possible connection we could and all was well. My IA still felt the problem was in the signal conditioner. So I called Aero-Mach labs and told them of the problem still randomly occurring. They were very understanding and said they would be happy to take another look at my signal conditioner. So back it went for a second time to Wichita. I just spoke with the technician a few minutes ago and THANKFULLY, the first time he hooked the box to his machine, the box failed. YIPPEE! He has found loose capacitors and who knows what else (the technical talk is beyond me) but he feels these are certainly items that can cause the problems I have been having. He is continuing to work the problem until he is confident the signal conditioner is stable. He has found that the problem is affected by temperature as well as by vibration. Unfortunately the first time he had the box he did not do any temp or vibration checks. When we sent it back the second time, we specifically asked for these tests. As for the cost, my initial repair was $470. The worst case scenario is $702 if the box gets a complete overhaul. I'll keep you posted.

Ed Asmus