View Single Post
Unread 09-18-02, 11:01 AM
Keven

Hmmmm

SkyKing:

Thanks for the info. You're right, I called JA Aircenter, not only is the reman unit price low, their install price for the unit is ridiculously low, and they install a ton of them. Seems like a good unit and deal from what I've read, but I don't know too many people who have them, so I was wondering if there was a reason that not too many people had them, if ya know what I mean. . . . Primary difference, other than color and size from the 430 is that it does not have localizer and glideslope included in the unit.

I already have a 295 and love it. However, Bob is right, I want a certified enroute and approach GPS, so the 295, while a great secondary source, isn't going to make me legal (damn lawyers).

Re my com, I've currently got a (single, uno, one) Michel MX 300 nav com. It ain't pretty, small, or fancy . . . but it does work, and I've (knock on wood) never had a problem with the thing. However, I only have one com and I want two (other than my handheld for emergencies). So the combo gps/com unit seems to fit the bill nicely.

Is there a comparable KLN out there that has a com in it?

Keven
________
GM LS ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:52 PM.