View Single Post
Unread 06-24-02, 02:00 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
We're getting SCREWED!

Jose,

Sorry to have mis-spelled the name of your country!

As you know the USA imports a considerable amount of oil from your Venezuela, and it is simply amazing to me the disparity in fuel prices, especially in auto-gas, where we're paying anywhere from $1.40 to $1.90 a gallon... and you folks are at .26 cents a gallon! And even your "Skyrocketed" AvGas price of .75 cents a gallon is unreal... reminds me of my FBO days in the early 1970's when we were selling both 80/87 and 100LL for .65 cents a gallon. We're paying $2.30 for 100LL up here in the Pacific Northwest... and most are higher than that...$2.45 to $2.85 a gallon.

Maybe that AirBP outfit, who recently took over all the Texaco Avgas outlets across the USA, should look into buying their base product from Venezuela!!! As it stands now... there is NO competition, as everything comes out of the same tank so-to-speak, and all these Gas Robber Barons do is change the name of their "branded label".

Hey folks... all of us who own and operate airplanes are getting SCREWED royally on the price of AvGas.... but I hear nary a frowning word from anyone who publishes aviation magazines, like Flying, Private Pilot, or even General Aviaiton News... I haven't seen a one of them address the issue, have you? It's like a tabboo subject. Something's wrong with this picture.

C'mon Rick Bell, tell us what fuel is like in Mexico...

SkyKing