Thread: Tru trak
View Single Post
Unread 04-22-17, 05:38 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
update on prop

Traded more emails with Larry, then we chatted on phone today...
1) doesn't look good to get MT prop STC for my T337C...which we both agreed was weird. So he said he thought he could get field approved, just costs me $1500 more that way. I said that since we were field approving, how about a 4-blade scimitar model? I saw one on a Cirrus SR22T and thought it looked great, plus owner said cooling of 4-blades was good. Larry said the TSIO-360 would not push the 4-blades. Then I dropped back to asking about 3-blade scimitar (per your egging on) since we were field approving...he said that he didn't recommend because of cooling. He said the 119 blades were the ones he suggested be used.

2) different topic, but discussed on phone with him...changing out my engines when doing the props. We talked about going to a single engine turbine pusher, or upgrading both engines similar to Riley STC. Based on cost and other plane options available without the hassle, the Riley (or similar dual bigger engines) seems the more reasonable path. he is going to investigate some. If anyone has good info to lead him in right direction on current STC to either use, or use as basis for field approval, please provide asap.