View Single Post
Unread 05-24-18, 02:06 PM

Don Nieser is on a distinguished road
Brake Performance question

I have new Cessna surplus brake bleeder fitting assembly kits for about 1/2 Cessna prices. The kit p/n C163030-0409 contains: seat, screw and cap.

Cessna brakes can sometimes be troublesome. I force hydraulic fluid up thru the bleeder fitting with a pump type oil can and plastic hose. I also grind a 1/4 inch box wrench so that it is thinner and can fit onto the bleeder fitting along with the plastic hose. Place rags or paper towels around and under the brake master cylinders because hydraulic fluid will come out of the small hole in the top of the plastic plug on the top of the master cylinder.
Step 1. Place the 1/4 inch box wrench on the bleeder fitting first, then the plastic hose, turn the bleeder fitting 1/4 to 1/2 turn and start pumping hydraulic fluid. (it helps to have a helper) Pump as much fluid as you can, 10 to 20 pumps. Close the bleeder fitting.
Step 2. Go to the brake peddles and pump them vigorously 10 to 20 times to get any air out of the system. If the brakes are not rock solid, repeat Step 1. Repeat for the other wheel. You may have to repeat this process a number of times. If the brakes are still not rock solid, the O-rings and Lock-o-Seals in the master cylinders may need to be replaced.

I have most Skymaster brake parts new surplus or good used. As well, I have the largest inventory of all Skymaster parts in the world and at the lowest prices

Don Nieser
Commodore Aerospace Corp
6221 Commodore Lane
Oklahoma City OK 73162
405-503-4686
niesser.02.337parts@juno.com

Last edited by Don Nieser : 05-24-18 at 02:09 PM.