View Single Post
Unread 10-26-03, 10:55 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Thoughts

1. a corp would give us some viability, as opposed to a bunch of folks all sharing a message board. When we talk to people about being guest speakers, we can say we are with the skymaster organization, as opposed to saying there is a bunch of folks who all share a message board.

2. Next meeting should be planning now.

3. Next meeting needs to charge, well in advance, for attendance. Get commitments, time, so we can work on guest speakers. In fact, I suggest we ask for commitments, and then figure out where to go.

4. Suggestions have been made for Memphis, TN and Charleston, SC.

5. East Coast, West Coast, the last 2 gatherings have all been organized by folks who live east coast. There was talk of a west coast, LasVegas, but no one picked up the ball and ran with it. Jerry did this year for Nashville, Bob Cook, and Ernie did the same for the preceding year. Distance is important, but I recall Brian flying from Nevada.

6. If it is done in conjunction with another event, it tends to be well diluted, witness the efforts last 2 years for OSH. To get folks in a place to talk about our aircraft, when there are lots of things going on, I would think dilutes the effectiveness.

7. Plan it 2 weeks after sun and fun, or early May.

8. The most important thing, regardless of where it is, is to contact every registered skymaster owner, well in advance, and invite them. Guy is correct, without the mailing that was done for Bahamas, many of the people who showed up, wouldn't have made it, and wouldn't know about this message board.

Even if they don't attend, they will be able to participate, and plan for the next big event. Perhaps at that point, we can do an east coast and a west coast event. Some folks are just not real computer literate, or do not have good web access, or just don't take the time. I recall the dentist from GA?? who had the purple skymaster in the bahamas, who's only computer was at work, and had a 56K modem.

So, location, mailing, contributions, because it isn't cheap, not necessarily in that order. Keven, cash the check, please.