View Single Post
Unread 06-17-03, 07:55 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Same problem

Interesting problem Paul! I was about to post similar problem and ask for help. My plane is a 1975 P337G with TSIO-360 engines with Riley Intercoolers. I know my problem is in fuel system but stuck where to start the debug process. Here's what is happening.

In flight, regardless of alt. it first showed up when I started to lean the front engine. The engine ran real rough with some coughing. Sounds like the engine is missing such as bad mags or Plugs. Plegs were removed cleaned and regapped. Fuel filter checked and clean and mags checked okay. Problem still appeared. We cleaned all injectors, which were okay anyway, ran engine on ground test and now it gets to about 26 inches manifold pressure and starts to die. Almost as though either lack of fuel or flooding engine. When this happends upon spool up, fuel flow does not go over 13 to 14 gph. We are going to do a fuel pressure test next to determine if adjustment has to be made.

Wondering if anyone else experienced this same problem and what was the solution.

Thanks and Cheers
Jerry