View Single Post
Unread 06-09-20, 12:39 PM

B2C2 is on a distinguished road
there was a good article posted on CPA a long time ago on this that I follow. I couldn't find the original article but the recommendations were

1. belly grime- gojo with no abrasive. I just wipe it on and then in a few minutes wipe it off, it takes off all the grease. its also greasy. like dissolves like.
2. exhaust residue - Hoppes 9 gun cleaner. just a little on a rag takes it off
3. Tire dressing - auto parts store. the one I have is purple and smells like grape soda.
4. washing - dawn dish washing liquid and water. use after the gojo to get the last of it off.
5. wax - Rejex. With this stuff on the plane the bugs will float off with just hot water. One pass with hot water, then one pass with a dry towel. This was a recommendation from the mechanic who did my purchase annual and it works very well.
6. Windshield - Lemon pledge and a new terry towel.

I use terry towels that come in packs from costco or target. I think microfiber is also a good choice, just have a lot of the terry towels. I also wash by working my way over the plane with towel soap and water, then towel with water, then wiping down with a drying towel. Starting from the top and working my way down. I don't spray the plane with water as I don't want it sitting inside the plane after a wash.