Thread: Nice P337
View Single Post
Unread 10-13-20, 09:07 PM

KLRDMD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrolland View Post
Looking good Ken. Now that you have flown it, how does it compare to your previous P337?
Everything is different. The avionics are much nicer in this P337 than my previous one although the paint and interior were better in my first one. This one has Keith A/C which is better than the Horton A/C in my previous one and likewise the R/STOL in this is better than the Horton STOL in my previous one.

I'm still getting the sight picture down as this one takes off and lands about 25 kts slower than my first one. I rotate at 52 KIAS. Full performance calls for rotation at 43 KIAS. I fly short final at 60 KIAS where the full performance landing calls for 60 KIAS gradually slowing to 43 KIAS at touchdown.

Coming from an S35 Bonanza, the handling COULD NOT BE MORE DIFFERENT!!! This sucker is heavy and ponderous. There is also the illusion of lack of speed in cruise. I look at the airspeed indicator and see 150-160 KIAS (I fly 65% power, LOP) but across the ground it just doesn't look like it is moving that fast.