View Single Post
Unread 01-16-23, 11:25 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjetter View Post
Patrol pilot,

I just found a crack in my Pilot inboard rail (‘77 G SN 1799). Would you be willing to post your order form? I’m going to try to measure out my rails (last replaced 2007) today, and it would be good to compare. I’ll try to remember to post my forms as well.
Here are the pages from the '77G Illustrated Parts Catalog, along with my notes.

Name:  N53704_IPC_Seat-Rails_105.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  163.0 KB

Name:  N53704_IPC_Seat-Rails_106.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  N53704_IPC_Seat-Rails_107.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  145.6 KB

This reference indicates that four different rails are used in the airplane. This is not what I found in SN 1795. On the Left side, both the inboard and outboard are identical. On the Right side, both the inboard and outboard are identical. The left and right sides are different, but not the in and outboard tracks for the seat position.

Here is what I ordered. I did the measurements first, and then a mechanic confirmed the measurements I made.

Name:  Reamy_53704_C337G_Pilot-Side.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  135.2 KB

Name:  Reamy_53704_C337G_Pass-Side.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  135.2 KB

My only speculation is that the seat rails have been replaced sometime in the past, and these length pairs were used in place of individual rails. I went with what I measured as I have no basis for further measurement.

I'm glad I didn't delay the order any further, as I had a tough time getting them ordered. As it turns out, my order will be the last custom order they fill for rails. Custom cuts will no longer be filled.

I'm not sure what we do from here are where we would find the stock available. There are eight different seat rails used in the 337, all models. I don't think we will see replacements.

The four rails were $2500 without shipping.

Please note that I left out a hole in the order form drawings. The measurements and 15 hole count are correct.

Last edited by patrolpilot : 01-18-23 at 06:46 PM.