View Single Post
Unread 09-27-02, 08:41 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
aha - cat chasing it's tail

SK

Question, which is the primary navigational tool? Loran/GPS or the Argus.

If you have the database installed ((current) for the 90B and it's output goes the the 525/hsi then the Argus is nothing more than a display! (assuming the 525 is driving the Argus)

If the Argus drives the 525 and is located between the gps and the 525 it becomes part of the "approved" system..

Hmmm All for situational awareness ? you mean you cannot figure out where you are ?

What does the Argus provide other than mapping ? I just don't get it. I am sure keeping up the database on the 90B is far cheaper thru the internet than keeping up the Eventide. Lakes, rivers don't change that much <G>

As long as you an an "approved" system, regardless of manufacture, does not limit you from having a zillion other displays in the cockpit (on the bridge) for comparative purposes.

Bottom line......... sometimes inexpensive is not cheap, and , sometimes you only think you need something when you really don't (I call it the 530 syndrome). Most airlines don't even have gps! Mapping is only two dimensional at the moment with color being the third dimension. Changes are coming.

BTW for100% of my /G navigation I use the 90B. For all approaches I use the 90B. It takes you to the IAF, FAF, and then to the MAP. A 295 will probably provide more situational awareness information than the argus and it also becomes a full blown backup when the lights go out.

I am sure the controller will help to keep you "out of the woods"

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Wait for 5 years and you can get a real buy on a 530. Never ends.

MMHO

Bob

Last edited by Bob Cook : 09-27-02 at 08:47 PM.