View Single Post
Unread 08-28-20, 09:44 AM

cartrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
I believe the window set-up is a little different on the P-models. I couldn't seem to find a good spot for my suction mount, but I was also using a 10" tablet. An Ipad Mini may have fit.

I've been an Android/Avare user for years, but I'm considering buying a Mini and a Foreflight subscription, mainly for the icing level visible forecast products, and the additional ADS-B weather it displays in flight, such as lightning strikes. Avare only displays NEXRAD as an overlay. When FIS-B was updated in 2018 to include several new weather products, Avare never integrated them. Foreflight did, as you would expect a paid option to do.
I'm not familiar with the window arrangement on the P model, but regardless I don't think a full-size iPad would work in my spot. With the suction mount and the X-mount attached to it, there is just enough room between the window and the dash for the Mini.

I've been using Foreflight for years, and even on a basic subscription it is the best money I've ever spent on flying. Lately I've been using it in conjunction with Sirius XM, and having the real-time weather feeds is fantastic.