View Single Post
Unread 03-24-06, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
GMAs (identified in an earlier message on this thread) has sent a lengthy message to some people putting into question some of the stuff that the FAA inspector told Paul. Specifically, GMAs called the SLC inspector, gave him information on Paul's installation (but not Paul's N number), and got quite a different answer from the inspector. It's sometimes hard for me to understand GMAs' way of writing, but here's an excerpt: "he said that what Paul asked of him... and wrote... was not what he responded with... and was totally taken out of context".

The inspector also told GMAs that Paul is to submit a 337 form and, based on the details of the installation, he would decide on whether one is needed or not. The inspector also indicated that the need for a 337 form may hinge on whether the Garmin 396 displays a "GPS APPROVED FOR VFR USE ONLY" message on start-up and pilot action is required to clear the message. If it does not and a placard has to be added, or if there is any drilling to install antennas, then a 337 form will be needed.

I'm just the messenger here. I'm passing this on for what it is worth.

Ernie