View Single Post
Unread 03-31-16, 02:05 PM

Don Nieser is on a distinguished road
Another cracked spinner

Robert, sorry I was out of town when you first contacted me. I was investigating a cracked wing spar. I will post information after we have done the engineering analysis.

I have a number of front and rear prop spinners and spinner bulkheads in stock and will try to beat any other prices.

Instalation of the spinner is critical: We use 2 people, have one person push (at the tip) of the spinner onto the spinner bulkhead, ( you can use up to 4 spacers (1457305-2) inside the plastic support (p/n 1457302-3)). Use enough spacers so that when you push on the spinner you can just get the screws started. It may take a couple of trials to get the proper number of spacers in place. Keep the pressure on the tip of the spinner as the second person start all the screws, then go around the spinner and tighten the screws in an alternating pattern. Also, I wonder some times if the plastic spinner supports have some wear, distortion or that 4 spacers are not enough. It may be that new spinner supports should be used.
Don Nieser
Commodore Aerospace Corp
405-503-4686
nieser.02.337parts@juno.com