View Single Post
Unread 01-22-20, 07:59 AM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Exclamation SkyBeacon for my SkyMaster

Hello ALL. I finished installing the Garmin 82 it was a breeze, as mentioned before I had to get another transponder, my Collins 750 , wasn't up to the standards. Purchased an avionics shops' loaner, Collins 750. Install the GPS antenna on top above the pilot position, and an additional "stick and ball" transponder antenna on the opposite side of the belly beneath my feet.It took about two hours for me, an A&P, to install. As for the new tail light ADB-S. I contacted the manufacturer a couple years ago about the requirement for the tail light unit be in line with the fuselage. They told me that they hadn't planned to have this unit installed on an aircraft that didn't have the tail section "in line" with the fuselage. So I didn't buy that unit. Although I have heard that someone has installed that unit on a Skymaster, using the "OFFSET" distance from antenna to the center line of the aircraft?? For the price and and minimal installation required, which by the way, can be installed by ANY competent A&P that is the way to go. If you purchase the Garmin 82 be sure to buy the harness, it has tiny pins that no one has the crimper for! MY OPINION!! The Garmin 82 is an UAT and NOT 1090 which has the altitude limit of 18,000 ft, can't be flown in any foreign country, to include Canada, Mexico and the islands. Hope this helps. Regards, BILLS