Thread: Adam Aircraft
View Single Post
Unread 01-30-09, 07:05 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
I believe that there has always been Skymaster lovers and this will continue. Aircraft owners are unique and each one has their own tastes. Most all the pilots I talk to always say "oh a push pull, those are neat airplanes" but until you really know the Skymaster you don't have the disease that we have. Once you really understand the abilities and versiticity of the Skymaster it's just a "neat airplane". My dad had his first Skymaster in 1969, it was a 66 model. He owned many other planes around the 2 Skymasters that he loved most; Cherokee 6, Comanche, Cessna 320, C172, and others but his passion was the Skymaster. It was his passion only after he owned the first one. The military was a big part of the Skymaster but I disagree that it was the only thing that kept them alive. Cessna also believed in it or they wouldn't have kept it going for as long as they did. And look at all the different models. Others have traded the Skymaster and have not looked back but there was a good reason for the trade and when you talk to them they still admit that the Skymaster was a great airplane. Please come join us in Branson, May 2009.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years