View Single Post
Unread 01-29-05, 11:05 AM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cold weather ops

Quote:
Originally posted by 337G
Has any one here had any experience with cold weather operations? Besides the standard winter kit is their any thing else I should know about flying this airplane during the winter. Is their a temperature/windchill cut off point which I should not be flying below? Temperature in Winnipeg today is -34c.

Craig B.
Craig,
Continental Motors has a "Maintenance and Operator"s Manual" for the IO 360 series engines. On the booklet it say's it's Form X30617 FAA Approved January 1994. (think it came with one of my remans). Chapter 7 is "Abnormal Environmental Conditions" dealing with the following, Cold weather described as below freezing, Hot weather as above 90 degrees, and Ground operations at high altitudes which is very limited in verbiage, two and one half lines. I would think that this could be purchased thru there web site.. http://tcmlink.com It further states to use the airframe manufacture's operating instructions found in the (POH) while operating the aircraft unless otherwise specified by original airframe manufacturer. guy...