View Single Post
Unread 12-09-19, 07:48 PM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Hours for basic annual?

Hello ALL. I'm an A&P/owner of a '65 C337. I purchased this airplane 2 1/2 years ago. I spent the whole first year doing the annual. It had been maintained well prior to me purchasing it. There were three major problems, mostly gear issues which took most of that time. The fact is that I had only performed one other inspection on a C337 prior to doing my airplane. The second annual 2019 was done in about one week, doing all the work myself. Now there were things that I only had to visually inspect, the normal annual items, ie, brake work, spark plugs, checked engine timing, pulley/cable lube, removing and installing interior, battery service, I also install an ADS-B-out. I did have to pay an IA for the annual sign-off. All in all I spent about $1000, not including the cost of the ADS-B. Even if I wasn't an A&P I'd do my own work, I know of a lot of pilot/owners that do the majority of the work on their annuals and have the local IA sign it off. This arrangement is pretty common. The IA usually has the owner do the work with him the first time to make sure the owner can do the work properly.
BILLS