View Single Post
Unread 11-24-20, 06:51 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Texas Skymaster Fly-in - Who Would Come?

Granbury, Texas - Where History Lives! Well, at least that's our slogan.

Granbury (KGDJ) has $3.50 100LL and five crew cars that can be used overnight. Very aviation-supportive local government. There is a large meeting room there we could use for doing a seminar, or as our HQ for the weekend.

The downtown square will take you back in time. The ladies will love the shopping, but the gents can visit the hotel/saloon where John Wilkes Booth supposedly lived to a ripe old age as John St. Francis. (The new show "History's Mysteries" with Lawrence Fishburn on History Channel has an episode on it).

You can drive out to the old cemetery and see where Jesse James is buried! Again, he supposedly faked his death and came to Granbury. There have been several TV shows about this too.

There's a Ghost Tour that takes you to the old gallows at the original 1850's jailhouse.

Revolver Brewery makes some of the best beer in the USA right in Granbury, and they have a party every Saturday afternoon at the brewery. There are also several local wineries that offer tastings and tours.

We'd have to have a BBQ night, with smoked brisket and pulled pork, plus a few cold ones.

There are four private airports in Granbury beyond the city airport. Anyone who would like to camp out with their plane will be accommodated at a 2800' grass strip with plenty of camping space.

There will be four Skymasters (including mine) in Rockport, TX next month on Dec. 5th for their fly-in event. I'd love to see many more than that here in Granbury!

Anybody have any suggestions for a date? Don't want it to be in the summer - too hot. Fall or Spring are best I would think.

Just brainstorming really at this point.

Last edited by mshac : 11-26-20 at 09:32 AM.