View Single Post
Unread 08-15-20, 10:14 AM

Learjetter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
The Cessna 400 balanced regulator upgrade looks interesting.

I'm considering dual PlanePower R1224s regulators. Looks like replacing the regulators with the R1224s eliminates the irksome diode assembly and alternator sensing circuit boards, and the overvolt sensor.

Plus side: solid state parallel load sharing & regulation & sensing in a fairly inexpensive unit (about $220 ea @ qaa.com). Appears the current annunciators for FRONT and REAR alt out can be used. Also likely eliminates the battery pack (so overvolt button and ALT reset button could be re-purposed for chem trails )

Downside: Might require STC (still researching approved models), certainly requires 337. If one goes offline, it stays offline and you finish the flight on 1 alternator. If both go offline, you finish the flight on battery.

Annual coming up this winter...if I can't get my circuit board and diodes all squared away, I might just rip it all out and put in the planepower regulators.

Someone also on this board re-build the circuit board & diode assy--might try that first--keeps the paperwork to a minimum.

Last edited by Learjetter : 08-15-20 at 10:21 AM. Reason: price is at qaa.com not aircraft spruce...