View Single Post
Unread 10-02-18, 12:01 PM

Skywalker is on a distinguished road
Pre Inspection and Squawks/Snags List

Hello Tripp
The best investment you can do , is to get the professional work shop do the pre buy inspection , i bought 1979 P337 ,aircraft,which was very well maintained, Front engine with fresh top, ( 18 k ), Rear engine 80 hrs SFRM, Newly overhauled fuel tanks and i got list of 172 items which needed attention, may be 12- 15 of them were related with Pressurization, deice, turbos etc, but most of them will apply to all C337 ,no matter N/A ,Turbo or P models,
The seller is True Gentle man, took most of it on his chest and reduced the price as per, but you can only know if you will have done the;PROPER; pre buy inspection , it will cost your around 3500 to 4000 Usd , and will safe you lot of troubles,Forget about the A & I , u need a proper work shop with tools ,to inspect every thing, going to the hanger and working on knees, will only bring you pain, and also this guy should have knowledge of SkyMasters, should know where to look etc. I highly recommend Brant Aero in Canada, Owner is directly dealing with customers, no matter you are business Jet or Piston Cessna , you get the same attention,here is the sangs list and you can see , how microscopic, they were in inspecting ,each and every thing,
Also this pre buy must have a test flight ,where the pilot should check each and every system working, all avionics talking with each other, engines parameters, and gauges, there is another list i got from test flight and aircraft needed lot of attention in that regime too, We are dealing with 40 years old airframes and they will need ;healthy amount of money; to maintain them
Regards
Dennis
P.S- I live in Poland and have no affiliation with Brant Aero ,in fact i got this contact i got thanks to John K from this forum ;-))