View Single Post
Unread 04-28-04, 12:10 PM
Cessna O-2 Enthusiast

o2skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Last O-2A ever produced is for sale on eBay

Hi,

I do not represent or have any financial interest in this item but I wanted to share it.

O-2A 69-7669 is currently for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2476021157

AussieO2 can check me on this, but if my records are correct, the 1970 O-2s were called off before they were built and their tail numbers were allocated to other aircraft types. Therefore, 1969 was the final year for the O-2A (1967 only for the O-2B). The tail number ranges for 1969 O-2As were 69-7601 to 69-7669. If my correlation between tail numbers and Cessna construction numbers is correct, this aircraft should have a C/N of 337M-0467 which would make it the last O-2A to be produced.

Anyway, looks like a neat O-2 complete with gun sight, smoke, pylons, and armament panel. Also, ~some~ of the mil-spec radio gear in the back racks.

It's a no reserve auction with the starting price at $39k. Hours SMOH look a little high but I'm not an A&P so please don't consider that a professional assessment.

Well, I thought it was interesting and wanted to share. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to purchase my O-2A as of yet or I'd be looking at it closer.

Cheers-

Mike