View Single Post
Unread 06-19-02, 07:07 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
The glib, useless reply would be "try another mechanic".

If it is misadjusted on close, and blows the breaker, each time you do that you are reducing the life of your $1000+ motor. It is a pain to adjust, but not difficult. Just make sure you use an external 28V source to power the aircraft, and then adjust the microswitches so that the motor coasts to a stop before the cowl flap is completely closed, and that it does not open so far as to interfere with the flaps. The manual is not really a critical part of doing this, in the end...except to provide a spec for how far open the flap should be.

When you say "on the ground" it does not blow a breaker, do you mean with the engines shut down? If so, I suspect the difference is the 24 vs 28V thing that Bob mentioned. If the engines are running, the motors have more voltage to work with, and labor harder, drawing more current and blowing the breaker. With the engines shut down you have something less than 24V for power...

But that doesn't explain why the light comes on on the ground but not in flight. That confuses me...

I suspect Gmas, Bob Cook and others may have more useful and knowledgeable suggestions, but there's my 1 cent worth.

Kevin

Last edited by kevin : 06-19-02 at 08:45 PM.