View Single Post
Unread 02-23-11, 10:30 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Gord

Here is what I have used to set my fuel flows. When I performed this test it changed my OEM indicator reading from the high green arc to the red line on take off. I only adjusted the front engine and then test flew the aircraft.

During the test we had difficulty reaching the 2800 rpm value that the chart suggests. There is a factor to use if you cannot reach this value. Problem was (and I am going by memory here) is that we could only achieve 2500 rpm on the ramp. The equation to use for lower rpm tests did not go that low. We had to graph the line out further to find the intersection and set the pressure at that point. When I perform a take off the rpm achieve the full 2800 rpm and my fuel flow (based on pressure) goes just beyond the red line on the front engine.

I have just installed a JPI engine analyzer with fuel flow and before I adjust the rear I will fly the aircraft to see the difference in fuel flow with the original settings. Should everything go right tomorrow I should be able to test the JPI for the first flight tomorrow.

See attached procedure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuel Flow Adj Cont.pdf (1.95 MB, 1588 views)

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years