View Single Post
Unread 01-22-14, 08:44 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
It's just a good reminder for all owners and maintenance personal to do a really good check on doors, latching mech., seals, release's, etc. Especially on the P models.

I have heard stories about the P model doors and damaged latch mechanism that prevents the door from opening. Something about someone stuck on the ramp, really hot day and can't get the door open. There is no other exit???? I am trying to remember, is there a window exit? I don't think so, not sure how the approval allowed that. Even the 340 and 400 series have a window exit.

First trip yesterday in the Navajo that the company I fly for acquired. I sat in the hangar and practiced the door several times just so I would know how to use it. Flew to CAD from Z98, really cold out (like 5 degrees F) and when we landed CAD the door would not open. I didn't know what to do, thought we were going to pop the E window when the owner of the plane finally got it open by using some brute force. Door worked fine the rest of the day. I think it may have been ice but not sure. Anyway, enough said let's check the late model doors close and leave some feedback if anyone finds anything.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years