View Single Post
Unread 04-27-09, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
The latest version, with not only the fixes but a number of improvements, is FlashPass Release 0.17 - RC7. Click on the link "Released" in barely-visible blue right under What's Up? near the top of the Home page at www.lobolabs.com. That will take you to the download page.

I just saw this version, so I haven't checked it, but the download page shows the changes made since RC6 (which I had checked and all the bugs had been fixed). The changes listed include minor improvements I had suggested to make data entry even faster, especially for US residents. For example in the RC6 version you had to input phone and email addresses for all persons, even though Customs wants these only for crew, not passengers; in RC7 this has been fixed. Also in RC6 the country default was Mexico, so every time you entered a US person you had to scroll through the list of all countries to change it; now, when you start, as part of your Preferences, you can specify the default country and state.

Download RC7, play with it during the 45 day trial, and check the resulting xml files by opening it with Internet Explorer. This is the file that goes to Customs, and IE displays it in a very clear format where your entries are in bold black letters and the descriptive tags (the boilerplate) is in a muted wine color. At a glance you can see if it's good.

Ernie